China Aircraft Engineering Firm Eyes Expansion to Vietnam

Tuan Minh

14:12 23/05/2016

BizLIVE - A Chinese aircraft engineering and maintenance service provider is considering building factories in ASEAN, including Vietnam.

China Aircraft Engineering Firm Eyes Expansion to Vietnam

China’s Taikoo Spirit Aero Systems (Jinjiang) Composite Co Ltd plans to expand operations to ASEAN. (Photo: www.taikoospirit.com)

China’s Taikoo Spirit Aero Systems (Jinjiang) Composite Co Ltd, among the world’s leading aircraft engineering and maintenance service providers, plans to build factories in ASEAN countries, according to Vientiane Times.
“We are looking for opportunities to expand our factories to other countries in ASEAN and neighboring countries of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam,” said Sunny Mirchandani, the company’s general manager.
He, however, pointed out hindrances regarding infrastructure and regulations.
In China’s neighboring countries, infrastructure is not sufficiently developed, especially roads, which must be wide, straight and well surfaced to enable the transport of large aircraft parts and other equipment, he said.
Infrastructure development in Asian will require investment of about $8.22 trillion from 2010 to 2020, equal to about $800 billion annually. Of this amount, 68% will be used to build new infrastructure and the remaining 32% will be used to manage existing infrastructure.
Taikoo Spirit Aero Systems (Jinjiang) Composite Co Ltd, which is part of the HAECO Group, has customers worldwide, he tipped.

TUAN MINH

Từ khóa: ASEAN

BizLIVE - Gặp gỡ